Celebrities and Doctors Team Up to Fight Congenital Heart Defects with a Documentary that Gets to The Heart of the Matter
The Heart of the Matter is a powerful new video resource examining the #1 birth defect in the world- congenital heart defects (CHD).
- Explores all aspects of the disease from the development of the heart in utero through adulthood.
- Asks the question: "What is America’s #1 birth defect?" by conducting random, man-about-town interviews. It is clear from these interviews that the general population has no idea that congenital heart defects are the #1 birth defect.
- Begs the additional questions:
- "Why don’t people know CHD’s are the #1 birth defect?"
- "What is being done to find the causes, improve detection, treatment and someday finding cures for this disease?"
- Provides a strong message of hope and reassurance that help is available.
This documentary airs on PBS stations and is available for purchase online at The Children’s Heart Foundation website. To obatin showtimes and more information on this congenital heart defect movie, please visit http://www.congenitalheartdocumentary.com/